We had more nice weather again today (although nothing like the 70's we hit yesterday), so the kids and I went for a walk this morning. The street we live on is a dead end with a cul-de-sac at the end of it. We live near the beginning of the road, and we walked to the end. There are only 10 houses on this street, so it's not very long.
At any rate, when we were up in the cul-de-sac, S slipped on the pea gravel at the side of the road. Unfortunately Mr. Always-walking-with-his-hands-in-his-pockets wasn't able to catch himself when he fell and ended up cutting his upper lip. Of course, mouth wounds bleed alot, so his mouth was full of blood. This all happened near the house of some people we know. Some of their kids were playing outside (they're homeschooled), and the oldest daughter went and got us some paper towel from their house since I didn't have anything with me to stop the blood.
I got S cleaned up a bit, and we started back home amidst a bit of crying. Thankfully the bleeding didn't last too long, but S ended up with quite a swollen upper lip despite putting ice on his lip when we got home.
At any rate, when we were up in the cul-de-sac, S slipped on the pea gravel at the side of the road. Unfortunately Mr. Always-walking-with-his-hands-in-his-pockets wasn't able to catch himself when he fell and ended up cutting his upper lip. Of course, mouth wounds bleed alot, so his mouth was full of blood. This all happened near the house of some people we know. Some of their kids were playing outside (they're homeschooled), and the oldest daughter went and got us some paper towel from their house since I didn't have anything with me to stop the blood.
I got S cleaned up a bit, and we started back home amidst a bit of crying. Thankfully the bleeding didn't last too long, but S ended up with quite a swollen upper lip despite putting ice on his lip when we got home.
S giving a thumbs-up in spite of his swollen upper lip
I was wondering what he did. I saw him with Josh at church.
ReplyDeleteWhat a trooper!
ReplyDeleteAh, sorry to hear about his owie. But he sure is a cutie.
ReplyDeleteAwww!! That picture is just so painfully cute and sad! Makes me want to scoop him up and cover him with kisses! Hope the owie is doing much better now...
ReplyDelete